I Panel – Energy Sector Reform, Status, Challenges and PotentialsMarch 20, 2022 2022-04-01 17:00
I Panel – Energy Sector Reform, Status, Challenges and Potentials
Main conference room
Moderator: Adnan Rondić
The objective of the Reform agenda for the energy sector, status and challenges panel is to present the status of reforms in the energy sector in BiH and the importance the reforms have on the future of the BiH energy sector, in light of the EU clean energy package, and the preparations of the BiH National Energy and Climate Plan that will pave the way for the transformation of the BiH energy sector.
As an integral part of the panel the discussion would include the existing and coming obligations towards decarbonization and the financial impact. Obligations have been taken through adopted NDC, WB Green Agenda (Sofia declaration), Decarbonization Road Map and with NECP (still to be finalized) will pave the way for the transformation of the BiH energy sector. The panel will discuss options to finance these obligations and the possibilities arising from the increased investments.
13:30 – 13:40 Key note speaker: Nick Bridge, UK Foreign Secretary’s Special Representative for Climate Change (online via Zoom)
13:40 –13:50 Introductory presentation: Obligations of Bosnia and Herzegovina (NDC, Sofia Declaration, Clean Energy Package, NECP), Admir Softić, Assistant minister, Ministry of Foreign Trade and Economic Relations BiH
13:50 – 14:10 Introductory presentation: Energy Sector Reform, Status, Challenges and Potentials Mak Kamenica, Chief of Party, USAID Energy Policy Activity
14:10 – 15:30 Panel discussion
Biljana Braithwaite, Western Balkans Programme Director at the AIRE Centre / Founding Partner and CEO at Sustineri Partners
- Christopher Sheldon, World Bank Country Manager for BiH and Montenegro.
- Lada Buševac, Head of Office IFC
- Manuela Naessel, Head of EBRD BiH
- Nermin Džindić, Minister, Ministry of Energy, Mining and Industry of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Ognjen Marković, Energy expert, USAID EPA
- Vildana Mahmutović, Head of Sustainability, Adriatic Metals
- Petar Đokić, Ministar, Ministry of energy and Mining of Republika Srpska
- Steliana Nedera, Resident Representative UNDP BiH